Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome to Mrs. McKnight's class!

Welcome to the Writing Room! We are going to use this space to think critically about things that we read, share drafts of writing and have discussions about all sorts of topics having to do with our LA class. A few instructions for posting on our blog.
  1. Be sure to leave your first name and the first initial of your last name after you complete your posts so that we will know who is commenting.
  2. This blog is for discussions having to do with Language Arts. Be sure that your blog post reflect the content and topics we are thinking about. Private conversations and off-topic comments do not belong in the space.
  3. Speak kindly to each other.
  4. Think about your post before you publish it. Correct grammar and mechanics are required in this space.
  5. Be sure to provide evidence to support your ideas.
  6. Use this space to express yourself and share your writing.
Blog Post #1: Answer this question: What are you most looking forward to in the 6th grade?

30 comments:

  1. I am really looking forward to learning new things. I like school and seeing my friends and I'm excited for it starting back up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, its lots of fun when we learn to play new instruments, and do much more to broaden our minds and imagination.

    I also wanted to say that i am awesome.
    HM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to homework and projects. They give me something to do and help keep my organization skills in progress!
    Hannah H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also like that I got awesome teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yaaa somebody post othwer than me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to all my classes, especially band

    Sharanya A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to all of my classes, especially orchestra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orchestra especially because I already know how to play the violin. The sound of the instruments are also very smooth. I don't know if anyone will get that...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi guys jus wanted to say that i love everyone

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really looking forward to making new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you too Hannaneh, but you're supposed to use correct spelling, grammar, and capitalization.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're also not supposed to go off topic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am looking forward to the classes and encores.
    Melissa K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm looking forward to art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It says to express my feelings, Clare! Thats what Im doing is there a problem with that. Yeah thats right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am most looking forward to seeing all my friends again, and learning new things! Reilly K.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When will the new question come out?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hannaneh I do not have an answer to that but I don't think she meant it that way. Oh and if you want to yell at me for keeping you in order, do it on skype. Oh and everybody you should all get skype accounts so you can keep your personal messages off the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um, isn't this kind of off topic? Claire?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Im also really excited for seeing friends and orchestra.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm playing viola. I love the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am looking forward to band.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Im excited about theater and dance. I hope to have a great time at lincoln this year and i hope everyone loves it too.

    hah i said it well

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm looking forward to PE
    I know not many peeps say that though :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mr. moon you have to put your name and the first letter of your last name so the teacher knows who you are. And I'm mostly looking forward to orchestra since I already know how to play the violin and I like the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well that is good for you Richard because i don't know how to play the flute.

    ReplyDelete